Connecting to Customers
is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. As part of CISCO’s broad offerings of products and services, they wanted to create a support portal for small businesses who have implemented CISCO’s products. Through this portal, CISCO would foster communication with existing customers enhancing engagement while decreasing the cost of call centers.
We were their primary partner in visualizing the customer experience through all stages of the customer support life cycle.
Date APRIL 2013
Skills User Experience, Design, Focus Groups
ChallengeCisco Services team is migrating multiple service businesses to Liferay, and using the opportunity to build a Unified Platform. A complex undertaking, they wanted to ensure the user experience was not lost in the technical details.
They were looking for an agency partner to:
1. Develop a user experience (site structure, interaction flows, content layout) that is seamless across all services and for all user types.
2. Identify features that facilitate community collaboration and cross-pollination of content.
3. Create a design that reinforces Cisco’s world-class brand and encourages users to take desired actions.
SolutionCisco selected us to design and develop the unified experience, including UX strategy, wireframes, design, and Liferay themes. A work-in-progress, left, shows:
1. Dashboard highlights relevant content while enabling persistent access to other services.
2. Calls to action encourage user engagement with content and other community members.
3. Design elements enhance Cisco’s brand while allowing the content to remain the primary focus.